Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the kitchen staff and production needs while maintaining quality control standards as set forth by the Executive Chefs. In the absence of the Lead Cooks this position is responsible for the overall production needs and quality control standards. Further responsibilities may include coordinating requisitions, IDT’s, scheduling, and inventory.
· Ensure that all production, preparation and presentation of foods is done in a manner that produces a consistent quality product which conforms to all established standards
· Assist Cooks and Lead Cooks in developing standardized techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served
· Collaborate with Supervisors and Lead Cooks in developing kitchen schedules. Assist in daily operations of a full service production Kitchen that adheres to planned daily menus/recipes. Maintain open lines of communication with Unit Supervisors, Unit Managers, Executive Chefs, and kitchen staff
· Maintain a clean and safe kitchen operation. Keep floors free of grease and moisture. Ensure that all team members practice safe food handling at all times and that they have been thoroughly instructed on the safe and proper use of all equipment
· Complete in a timely manner all paperwork, which may include, but not be limited to, labor schedules, Kronos maintenance and EATEC requisitions needs. Assist in accurate weekly inventory levels, accurate transfer (IDTs) records, and maintenance and custodial work orders
· Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards
· Assist Unit Supervisors, Unit Managers, Lead Cooks with the process of purchasing, receiving, scheduling, inventory control and managing food production activities in compliance with the Executive Chefs food production systems
· Supervision Exercised: Supervises student and intermittent employees, and regular/assistant cooks
· Perform other duties assigned
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.