As a Unit Supervisor, you will assist the Campus Dining Unit Manager in daily operation and management of Campus Dining food service location involving retail food points of sale. You will plan, direct and coordinate food service activities in order to deliver a finished food product to customers within the retail location. Primarily responsible for food service at an assigned location and typically is not involved in food production activities. Directly supervises six or more regular employees with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases. Perform manual labor approximately 60% of the time. The Unit Supervisor is responsible for the facility, equipment, product, staff, and procedural changes and any associated marketing plans to accommodate changing customer requirements. Coordinate with designated assistant supervisor on all branded operations. Supervises and trains regular and student employees. Monitors service, portion control, quality, production control, sanitation and housekeeping, preventative maintenance, inventory levels, food transfers and cash handling procedures. Hires student assistants, and assists in the hiring of regular employees.
· Supervise, train, and evaluate, all regular and student assistants in food preparation, customer services, efficient work habits, reduction of waste and theft, appearance, portion control, sanitation, maintenance of equipment, following Cal Poly Corporation policies and procedures, to provide optimum service to our customers and a fiscally sound operation
· Supervise up to 50-125 student or intermittent employees at a time and six or more regular full time employees.
· Hire student assistants and assist in the hiring of regular employees following prescribed Cal Poly Corporation policies and procedures, to ensure adequate staffing needs are met
· Perform the duties of any position when a regular or student employee is unavailable to perform the duties required, following prescribed procedures to ensure jobs are completed and customers are provided with optimum service
· Monitor food presentation, merchandising techniques, customer comments and complaints, in an effort to improve service to customers and to generate additional sales
· Research, develop, test and introduce new products to sell, under the direction of your supervisor, to increase variety and quality of foods served
· Maintain a safe and sanitary facility. Watch for potential safety hazards such as spills on floors or improper lifting procedures. Follow prescribed safety and sanitation procedures to ensure compliance with health regulations, safety standards and maximize a neat, clean, appearance in the minds of our customers
· Monitor the cashiers’ cash handling techniques and processing of prepaid meal plans to ensure that correct policies and procedures are followed as set down by the Cal Poly Corporation, to ensure that all sales are accurately accounted for on a daily and weekly basis
· Complete in a timely manner the following paperwork to include but not limited to labor reports, time recording, labor schedules, student job descriptions, employee evaluations, employment eligibility verification (I-9) forms, W-4 forms, food products and supply requisitions, interdepartmental transfers of supplies and maintenance work orders, under the direction of your supervisor in order to account for and control food and labor costs, to comply with labor laws and to maintain equipment in working order
· Coordinate operation of branded concepts in compliance with specifications and procedures established by both the Cal Poly Corporation and the licensing company
· Proposes facility, equipment, product, staff, and procedural changes and associated marketing plans to accommodate changing customer requirements
Perform other duties assigned
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.