Under the general supervision of Drs. Shunping Ding and Matthew Grieshop, this position will work with Cal Poly Department of Plant Sciences and the Grimm Family Center for Organic Production and Research staff, faculty, and students, conducting field and laboratory pest management trials. The incumbent will be responsible for the execution of experimental trials, collection and analysis of data, and development of data into reports. They will assist with the establishment and care of horticultural crops used in research trials, maintain laboratory, and field supplies, and supervise undergraduate research assistants. This is a one-year assignment starting January 1, 2023, with potential for annual reappointment dependent on performance and availability of funding.
APPLY HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1863
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in plant pathology, entomology, agronomy, horticulture, or similar field
· Three (3) years of work experience in horticultural pest management, including calibration, optimization, and use of pesticide sprayers
· Possess a valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (or acquire one within 2 months)
· Possess a Qualified Applicators License (QAL) for pesticide applicators (or ability to acquire within 6 months)
· Demonstrated knowledge of horticultural pest management techniques
· Demonstrated knowledge of office software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, publishing, electronic mail, and calendaring systems
· Demonstrated aptitude in technical writing and statistical analysis
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required. This position is benefit eligible.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.33 - $28.85 per hour
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.