Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
The Supervisor position is responsible for the efficient utilization of resources ensuring the achievement of production requirements related to safety, quality, focus audits, cost and on-time delivery. These objectives will be accomplished through effective supervision, utilizing proven techniques in planning, organizing, problem solving and teamwork. The Supervisor supports employee training, provides employee guidance and motivation, addresses minor conflicts with employees using PACE Path principles and provides input on employee performance. The Supervisor advocates PACE principles and behaves in a positive manner while representing strong leadership to all employees.
In this role you will:
- Champions safety programs, processes, procedures and tools. Ensures improvements for a safer workplace are properly executed. Actively participates in and encourages employee involvement in Safety Leadership Team’s (SLT) initiatives, other company sponsored safety programs and 6S.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture parts and products. Interviews, onboards, coaches, trains and develops employees. Conducts timely performance reviews.
- Communicates policies, procedures and systems, and other information proactively to ensure compliance and consistency. Holds daily pass down meetings to ensure smooth transition between shifts.
- Maintains time and production records accurately.
- Promotes PACE values and Company policies and procedures. Analyzes and resolves issues; assists employees in solving work problems. Proactively addresses issues with employee using supportive documentation. Ensures Corrective action plans are written objectively and delivered timely.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, and quality of product. Collaborates with Production Team Leads and Production Managers to achieve common goals and reward team success. Collaborates across manufacturing functions to address production issues.
- Conducts audits and manages the production processes and employees to ensure quality of production and adherence to established standards, focused audits, and work practices. Monitors the accuracy of documentation and electronic transactions to ensure the accuracy of work order and inventory records.
- Provides accurate and timely confirmations each daily shift. Works closely with Schedulers to minimize unevenness in the schedule and meet on-time shipping goals. Develops action plans with the Schedulers to address any schedule interruptions.
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet production expectations. Works with a sense of urgency to complete production on-time, following schedules and policies and minimizing unnecessary costs related to downtime, labor, and material variance.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Operations, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in factory planning.
- Strong SAP or other equivalent ERP (Oracle, PeopleSoft) system experience; PP (Production Planning) and MM (Material Management) modules.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Systems e.g. Lean Inventory management, Kanban/JIT systems, and Value Stream Mapping.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred; modeling, pivot tables, v-lookup, macros.
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.