You’ll Come for a Job…But You’ll Stay for an Exciting Career!
Come Build Your Future. Build Your Dream.
Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in land development, oil and gas production and distribution, public infrastructure, water resources, and aerospace and defense. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a Chief Financial Officer in either our San Luis Obispo, Los Angeles, or Irvine, California offices.
Chief Financial Officer Job Summary
Responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction, and management of Finance and Operation functions to include performance reporting, provides fiscal management analysis, oversees quality assurance and quality improvement, and internal controls and compliance. With equanimity, the CFO provides leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the Company has the proper controls, reporting, and procedures and systems to effectively grow the Company, ensure financial strength and drives administrative efficiency. A successful CFO is self-starting and disciplined in managing their performance, priorities, and projects.
Chief Financial Officer Responsibilities
- In the area of Finance and Operations, plans, directs, and or coordinates daily operational and administrative activities through the organization’s function managers.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans, standards, and procedures, consistent with established policies and CEO approval.
- Meets with function managers to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the organization’s policies and objectives.
- Responsible for resource allocation and budget controls for Finance and Operations.
- Reviews operating metrics for the organization, compares them to established objectives and key performance indicators, and recommends measures to improve results.
- Directs and coordinates all due diligence and implementation pertaining to mergers, joint ventures, the acquisition of businesses, office and facilities leases, and the sale and, or purchase of major assets with approval of the CEO.
- Identifies finance and operational needs and develops appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Conducts cost benefit analyses and evaluations of programs, staffing, and equipment utilization and provides recommendations.
- Administers the Company shareholder plan and agreements.
- Leads financial analysis, planning, and budgeting analysis related to new program development, financial accounting systems and procedures, and asset and liability management for the Company.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of the function managers for Finance and Operations.
- Serves on the Company’s 401(k) committee.
- Manages Company’s ERP, Finance, and Operations. Is responsible for the overall coordination and evaluation of these functions.
Chief Financial Offer Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree and executive management experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years management experience in enterprise Finance and, or Accounting.
- Experience at a Company with a minimum of 150 employees and offices in multiple locations.
- Experience in strategic planning and management, modeling and budgeting, profit and loss management, and people management and development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, bonus, excellent benefits package and an active and positive team building, work environment.
HOW TO APPLY? Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply – https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1267647/Cannon-Corp/Chief-Financial-Offer
Equal Employment Opportunity, M, F, disability, protected veteran status