You’ll Come for a Job…But You’ll Stay for an Exciting Career!
Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as an OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST in SAN LUIS OBISPO. San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has temperate weather, scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers endless recreational opportunities.
The Office Assistant/Receptionist, under general supervision of the Vice President of Human Resource, assists the company with a variety of tasks, such as ensuring all incoming calls are answered with a warm greeting and efficiently attended to; greeting incoming visitors to the office and checking them in; providing general administrative support to various departments including, filing, copying, archiving, typing, running errands, maintaining kitchen and supply room, and assisting with company events and meetings.
This position doesn’t have the flexibility to work from home. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Answers incoming telephone calls (on a 12-line console) and being the first point of contact for visitors entering the office.
- Performs routine office tasks necessary for the operation of a professional office.
- Completes basic tasks in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prepares correspondence/transmittals for regular and overnight mail.
- Receives, sorts, and routes incoming deliveries.
- Conducts company and client deliveries.
- Coordinates interoffice mail to outer offices.
- Cleans/stocks kitchen and supply room.
- Runs errands: purchases kitchen supplies, picks up lunches, purchases items for meetings and event, etc.
- Supports company events, training, and meetings - works closely with Human Resources, Marketing, and other group(s) by providing advanced coordination, marketing, and day of facilitation and event clean-up.
- Responds to miscellaneous clerical/administrative tasks.
- Decorates office for events and holidays throughout the year, (i.e. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- Requires at least 2 years work experience answering multi-line phones within an office setting and providing administrative support.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Applicants must be available to work 40 hours a week, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Must have a valid CA driver's license.
- Must have own car, clean driving record, and valid automobile insurance.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize work, projects, and requests.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with varying personalities.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes and supplies on a weekly/daily basis, up to 35 lbs. without accommodation.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, handle, push, and lift frequently when performing job duties.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
For more information and to apply click here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1260396/Cannon-Corp/Office-Assistant---Receptionist