You’ll Come for a Job…But You’ll Stay for an Exciting Career!
Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a CLERICAL ASSISTANT in SAN LUIS OBISPO. San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has temperate weather, scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers endless recreational opportunities.
The Clerical Assistant, under general supervision of the Human Resource Director, assists the company with a variety of tasks, such as: providing general administrative support to various departments, filing, copying, archiving, typing, answering phones, running errands, maintaining kitchen and supply room, and assisting with company events and meetings. This position supports all departments, services, and functions, maintains workflow for administrative tasks, and works on a regular basis with all employees, managers, Directors, and receptionist. This position doesn’t have the flexibility to work from home. Applicants must be available to work Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Performing routine office tasks necessary for the operation of a professional office.
- Supporting company events, training, and meetings - working closely with Human Resources, Marketing, and other group(s) by providing advanced coordination, marketing, and day of facilitation and event clean-up.
- Assisting with various office projects.
- Filing, auditing, copying, and basic word processing.
- Inventorying and tracking various supplies: office supplies and marketing material, etc.
- Performing basic tasks in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Answering phones.
- Cleaning/stocking kitchen and supply room.
- Conducting company and client deliveries.
- Running errands: purchasing kitchen supplies, picking up lunches, purchasing items for meetings and events, dry cleaning, etc.
- Stamping/sorting/delivering mail.
- Regular tracking and processing administrative expenses.
- Coordinating interoffice mail to outer offices.
- Archiving project files.
- Decorating office for events and holidays throughout the year, (i.e. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- Requires at least 2 years work experience in an administrative function within an office setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Applicants must be available to work 40 hours a week, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Must have a valid CA driver's license.
- Must have own car, clean driving record, and valid automobile insurance.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize work, projects, and requests.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with varying personalities.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes and supplies on a weekly/daily basis, up to 35 lbs. without accommodation.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, handle, push, and lift frequently when performing job duties.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute.
- Experience answering multi-line phone is preferred.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
For more information and to Apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recriting/jobs/Details/1260363/Cannon-Corp/Clerical-Assistant