Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects of assigned research projects related to weight control, maternal child health, and infant feeding involving English and Spanish speaking patients in multiple sites in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties.
APPLY HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1760
· Meet with the principal investigator and other project leaders to understand all vital aspects of the particular project
· Oversee staff training and supervise research assistants and other staff members ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project and individual responsibilities. Responsible for training blinded assessment staff on data collection procedures
· Responsible for making project timeline schedules, scheduling team meetings and coordinating the same with other project members
· Oversee English and Spanish-speaking participant recruitment, assessment, and retention efforts ensuring that all proper protocols are followed, in addition to ensuring all informed consent documentation is collected and maintained
· Oversee tracking and scheduling of participant assessments conducted in English and Spanish, including accelerometry and 24-hour recalls
· Assist with group and individual weight loss counseling on a topic related to weight regulation, eating, exercise, or behavior change strategies[AKV1]
· Adapt and send bilingual newsletters to study participants
· Track project expenses
· Travel in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties
· Compile and write project reports and minutes of meetings
· Perform other duties assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
· Must have own transportation to be able to travel to research locations, as required
· Must possess a valid California driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and vehicle insurance
· Must be willing and able to work two evenings per week and some Saturdays
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet time lines
· Ability to lead others in managing tasks; train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff, Board of Directors, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
· Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Subject to continued grant/center funding. Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. This position is benefit eligible.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
The California State University system (CSU) requires that students, faculty, and any employees of organizations who access campus, or any CSU facilities, to be either fully vaccinated or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Please note if you are chosen for a position with the Cal Poly Corporation you will be asked to fill out a Vaccine Attestation once you are hired. This attestation will ask if you are vaccinated or asking for a medical or religious exemption. If not vaccinated and asking for an exemption you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 one (1) time per week at a testing site on campus.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.