Trust Automation, a company well-rooted in San Luis Obispo for over 30 years with a start-up vibe is looking for a Senior Accountant OR Assistant Controller depending on the candidate and experience to add to our team of engineers, technicians, and professionals. Trust Automation, designs, engineers, manufactures and supports control and power management systems for the most demanding defense, semiconductor, and industrial automation technologies. We are looking for an individual that is motivated by team success, is detail-oriented, a clear communicator, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures.
What’s Cool About This Job:
You will directly contribute to Trust Automation’s success by providing professional-level, cross-functional accounting support that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature for the company. This role will work directly with our VP of Finance to perform a variety of complex accounting functions. You will also help implement more comprehensive company-wide financial controls as Trust continues to grow.
What You Will Do:
- Assure proper recording and documentation of financial transactions.
- Direct contribution to month-end and fiscal year-end close process.
- Contribution to more complex accounting processes. Examples- revenue, inventory, maintenance of overhead rates.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the company budget. Manage the budget reporting function.
- Analyze, interpret and perform variance analysis of financial data.
- Resolve problems associated with incorrect entries, deviations from established procedures, and other inconsistencies with accounting principles. Train accounting and other staff on the proper use of accounting systems and usage of correct GLs and cost accounting codes.
- Maintain a fixed asset accounting system.
- Administer companywide expense reporting platform.
- Assist in identifying and implementing new technologies in support of business processes.
- Provide training, guidance, and assistance to other employees, and may provide work direction to other staff. Help create and maintain policies and procedures for the accounting and finance area.
- Contribute to and support yearend audit process, including, but are not limited to: audit schedules, lead sheets and variance analysis.
- Serve as a backup for accounting staff when unavailable, including but not limited to entering AP and AR invoices, printing checks, and processing expense reports.
- Lead accountant involved in the Company’s cycle counting program. Performs internal audits over inventory counts. Validates data and aids in continuous process improvement.
- Ensure the Company maintains full compliance with applicable FAR and Cost Accounting Standards contained in government contracts awarded to the Company. Prepare necessary schedules for various types of government contract awards.
- Tax compliance. Prepare tax schedules for sales tax, quarterly estimates, and yearend reporting.
What You Need For This Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or related area.
- Minimum of five years of varied professional experience in accounting.
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), statistical and mathematical presentation of data, ERP systems, advanced proficiency in financial and records management systems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and policy guidelines.
- Ability to examine financial documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Ability to assemble and compile data used in the preparation of trial balances, financial statements, and reports and investigate and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Team Player. This position will interface with multiple departments.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and implement effective auditing systems and to conduct audits with thoroughness, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to independently set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating, critical and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including ERP accounting systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including data filters and sorts, pivot tables.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience with the administration of a contract compliance program with particular emphasis on federal government contracts.
- CPA or experience working at a CPA firm in an audit role.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and other relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Experience in government contract accounting, creating and maintaining overhead rates for government projects, specifically the Incurred Cost Electronically (ICE) model; experience leading DCAA audits.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience with ERP implementations.
Things You Will Love About Trust Automation:
- Competitive and comprehensive total benefits package
- Fully paid employee health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Profit-sharing, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- Trust Café with snacks and drinks galore
- Forget DoorDash delivery fees, we have onsite lunch options!
- Onsite childcare (infant to age 5)
- Innovative wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous learning culture
- Ping pong, air hockey, foosball, and pinball machine in break room
It seems like no matter how many talented, enthusiastic people we bring in, our company just keeps growing. So if you’re ready to join a company full of creative, motivated people making cool things, apply at https://www.trustautomation.com/careers/. Scroll down to "Available Positions" and apply under the appropriate role.
Trust Automation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and/or veteran status.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- This position requires successfully passing a background check prior to the first day of employment
- Trust Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We participate in E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States