The Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing marketing communication campaigns in accord with Cal Poly Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE). This strategic, creative, organized coordinator is also responsible to ensure that all promotional activities within the CIE community and/or to the general public, such as advertising, public relations and social media, email and web marketing and special events meet stakeholder’s strategic goals and objectives. About the center: https://cie.calpoly.edu/about-cie/
● Work with Manager and PR/Marketing/Social Media & Videography Interns to market activities identified in marketing plan for the CIE
● Assist in writing, editing, and scheduling marketing communications which adhere to Cal Poly CIE brand strategy for a variety of channels (web, print, video, email, social media and digital)
● Support information and branding management including creation of brochures, flyers, and promotional material to promote and brand the CIE as needed
● Coordinate media and partner relations including participation in partner events and activities
● Arrange and assist with logistics including program registration, preparation, and dissemination of program materials
● Think creatively to develop new applications, ideas, relationships, systems or products, and promotions
● Utilize customer insights, marketing trends, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
● Review and research marketing trends to make recommendations for marketing communication strategies that include digital, social media, and email marketing
● Assist in development and launch of marketing campaigns for CIE programs such as Elevator Pitch Competition, Innovation Quest, Summer Accelerator, CIE Incubator, Demo Day etc.
● Assist in development of program evaluation metrics, compile, and report results. Create and update metrics as needed
● Participate in staff meetings and strategic planning
● Position is part of a large team of students, faculty, alumni and community members
● Participate in and assist with all Cal Poly CIE activities as needed
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably with courses in marketing and public relations
● Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training
● Working knowledge of graphic design software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
● General knowledge of systems, techniques and processes used in web site design, photography, printmaking, and other applicable media
● Proficient in building social media content leveraging channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Tik Tok
● Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and other systems and software
● Exceptional organizational skills
● Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet constant timelines
● Highly motivated and flexible
● Ability to successfully work independently, organizing own work and coordinating work activities of others
● Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
● Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
● Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public
● Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
● Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
● Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
● Evening or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines or solve specific problems
● A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
● The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Salary Range: $22.26-$28.08 per hour
APPLY HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/search
Subject to continued grant/center funding. Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. This position is benefit eligible.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
The California State University system (CSU) requires that students, faculty, and any employees of organizations who access campus, or any CSU facilities, to be either fully vaccinated or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Please note if you are chosen for a position with the Cal Poly Corporation you will be asked to fill out a Vaccine Attestation once you are hired. This attestation will ask if you are vaccinated or asking for a medical or religious exemption. If not vaccinated and asking for an exemption you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 one (1) time per week at a testing site on campus.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.