19six Architects is an award winning, mid-sized architecture firm located on the central coast. We have a collaborative, team-focused working environment and a diverse professional team. Our firm is passionate about providing services to civic, K-12, higher education, performing arts and the healthcare markets.
19ix Architects is seeking a highly motivated HR Coordinator & Accounting Assistant responsible for facilitating all key HR functions and programs, providing occasional accounting assistance to the Controller, and working closely both with the team in the San Luis Obispo office as well as firm wide. Multitasking and attention to details are essential to success in this role. The person should be able to communicate in an articulate manner (written & verbal), and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
The position is for a full-time position.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate new hire onboarding orientations across all offices.
- Oversight of the recruitment process – job postings, screening, updates, etc.
- Update HR systems for new hires and employee changes.
- Acting as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Maintain both hard and electronic copies of employee’s records.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events, etc.
- Coordinate training sessions to be in compliance with local labor laws.
- Manage firm-wide performance reviews throughout the year.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR laws and best practices and convey this to management.
- Recommending possible actions to improve upon existing processes.
- Assisting in bank deposits, AP entries, and recording credit card expenses as needed.
- Performing basic office tasks as needed such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative role; preferably involving HR work. Experience in a professional services firm is a plus.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organizational traits and time management skills.
- Reliable and personable and enjoys working with a wide range of other personalities and individuals.
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
Benefits of being a 19six Employee
- Medical, Dental, & Vision – 100% Employee Premiums
- Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Project Sharing Plan
- 10 Days Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays & Sick Leave.
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Flexible Office Hours….and lots of collaborative fun!
Join our team, community, and atmosphere!