Under direction and supervision of the Custodial Services Supervisor, performs custodial duties including general housekeeping and project work in order to maintain assigned areas in a clean and orderly state and to do furniture moving as required. This position is considered substantially similar to the university’s classification of 2010 custodian.
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops, spot cleans, strips, and waxes floors; vacuums, spin cleans, extracts and spot cleans carpets and rugs using scrubbers, waxers, buffers, shampoo and upholstery cleaning equipment in the public and production areas
- Cleans and sanitize restrooms including stools, urinals, and lavatories. Stock toilet paper, toilet seat covers, and paper towel dispensers
- Mop up spills as required and post “Wet Floor” signs
- Cleans and dusts walls, ceilings, louvers, vents, light fixtures, windows, and offices using wall and window washing equipment and/or other hand washing methods
- Assists and directs student employees in the moving and arranging of furniture and equipment as assigned by your supervisor or requested by other staff members such as catering personnel
- Cleans offices and office furniture to include vacuuming or sweeping floors, and dusting and polishing desks, tables, chairs, cabinets, and other furnishings
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, entryways, and outside areas adjacent to Campus Dining buildings. Keeps hallways clear of equipment and/or trash
- Train and direct student assistants in all custodial duties
- Cleans, services, and maintains custodial equipment and custodial storage areas
- Operates Corporation vehicles to move equipment, supplies or trash to and/or from various Campus Dining operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess a High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years custodial/janitorial experience
- Ability to operate buffer, floor scrubber, vacuum cleaner, carpet shampooer, window washer, wall washers.
- Supervise and delegate work to student assistants
- Knowledge of methods, materials, chemicals, health and safety requirements, and the use and care of a wide variety of common tools and equipment used in custodial work
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with faculty, staff, students and fellow employees
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions as well as department policies and procedures
- Ability to mix cleaning chemicals safely and correctly
- Be familiar with MSDS while handling cleaning chemicals
- Use proper PPE, when needed, during execution of responsibilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, supervise student assistants, cooperate with, and assist fellow Campus Dining employees
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to our insurance company underwriters
- Must become ServSafe certified within first year of service and maintain certification as required
- A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
- The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
APPLY HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/search
Hiring Rate: $17.50 to 18.50 per hour
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required. This position is benefit eligible.
Positions are 10-month appointments, with summers and academic breaks off unless work is available.
The California State University system (CSU) requires that students, faculty, and any employees of organizations who access campus, or any CSU facilities, to be either fully vaccinated or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Please note if you are chosen for a position with the Cal Poly Corporation you will be asked to fill out a Vaccine Attestation once you are hired. This attestation will ask if you are vaccinated or asking for a medical or religious exemption. If not vaccinated and asking for an exemption you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 one (1) time per week at a testing site on campus.
To view more information about Cal Poly Campus Dining’s operations and venue information, please visit this link. https://www.calpolydining.com/
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer