This is a part-time position with a San Luis Obispo County based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) company, focused on working with children and young adults with Autism.
Social Skills for Life is looking for honest and positive minded individuals who enjoy teaching and helping others to join our ABA Therapy practice.
A successful ABA Therapist will:
• Deliver Applied Behavior Analysis intervention under the direction and guidance of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Supervisor
• Provide ABA therapy in the client’s home to build trust, develop new skills, and manage behavioral excesses through data driven interventions
• Be detail oriented and collect accurate data across all behavioral intervention goals
• Develop rapport and trust with client and family
• Be able to work within different family cultures and adapt to the values and goals of each client
• Possess a calm and neutral demeanor and provide a positive and rewarding learning and therapeutic environment
• Demonstrate interest in developing their knowledge and understanding of ABA interventions
• Be timely and professional
• Be a team player
• Maintain close communication with the BCBA and be able to receive feedback and adjust their therapeutic accordingly
Additional Job Requirements:
• Pursuing degree in Education, Psychology, Child Development, etc. (preferred)
• Must have a clean and professional appearance
• Respond to phone and email requests in a timely and professional manner
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and be sufficiently mobile to keep up with young energetic clients
• Have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
• Must pass a background check / DOJ clearance
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.