Operator I - Wastewater Treatment Plant
City of Atascadero
6500 Palma Avenue
$3,995.87 - $4,857.00 month
The City of Atascadero is recruiting for an Operator I, Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Salary Range: $3,995.87 to $4,857.00 per month with full benefits package.
Filing Deadline Monday, August 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Monitors the performance of all equipment, pipelines, gauges, charts and SCADA system in the treatment plant and collection system. Records statistical data concerning plant operations; charts lab results and maintains accurate records of analyses and test results.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs wastewater collection and treatment equipment. Repairs gauges, pumps, filters, controls and other equipment. Inspects and cleans sewer lines; installs sewer line connections. Perform repairs and clean up spills related to pipeline or pump failures.
- Operates valves and controls to direct chemicals into wastewater systems; regulates the flow of wastewater through treatment systems, including the operation and maintenance of screens, grit and sludge collectors, pumps, blowers, aerators, and chlorinators.
- Collects samples and identifies concentrations of chemical, physical or biological characteristics of wastewater in accordance with local, State and Federal requirements.
- Contains and properly disposes of hazardous wastes generated by the lab.
- Calibrates, modifies, and repairs instrumentation and control equipment including recorders, flowmeters and other water quality monitoring equipment.
- Operates and maintains sewage pump stations; cleans wet wells and operates pumps and valves.
- Operates specialized equipment such as loader, backhoe, dump truck, lift truck, generators, pumps, and sewer cleaning truck.
- Refer to the full Job Description document for additional details.
- Vacation: 10 days/year, gradually increasing to 24 days.
- Holidays: 11 days per year, plus one floating holiday.
- Sick Leave: 12 days per year.
- Retirement: Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance is provided at no cost to the employee. The City contributes a portion of the cost of dependent coverage for medical, dental and vision.
Please review details of the position and application process at the City's website: www.Atascadero.org
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.