Maintenance Worker I
City of Atascadero
6500 Palma Avenue
$3,287.41 - $3,995.87 month
The City of Atascadero is recruiting for a Public Works Maintenance Worker I.
Salary Range: $3,287.41 to $3,995.87 per month with full benefits package.
Filing Deadline Extended to Monday, August 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Performs parks and field maintenance tasks, including mowing, irrigation, pruning, weeding, and trash and litter removal.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of City sidewalks, streets, curbs, gutters and traffic signs.
- Operate and maintain various work equipment and vehicles, as well as power and hand equipment.
- General maintenance and repair work including carpentry, painting, welding, and plumbing. Assist in complex maintenance/construction.
- General cleaning and janitorial functions.
- Move, rearrange, and set up chairs, tables, desks and other furniture and equipment for meetings, classes and other events.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates to ensure security of buildings and related areas.
- Set up, maintain and remove barricades; direct traffic.
- Raise and lower flags.
- Maintain records related to duties performed and equipment used.
- Participate in City special event setup and planning.
- Refer to the full Job Description document for additional details.
- Vacation: 10 days/year, gradually increasing to 24 days.
- Holidays: 11 days per year, plus one floating holiday.
- Sick Leave: 12 days per year.
- Retirement: Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance is provided at no cost to the employee. The City contributes a portion of the cost of dependent coverage for medical, dental and vision.
Please review details of the position and application process at the City's website: www.Atascadero.org
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.