Human Resources and Safety Manager
2040 Guadalupe Road
2040 Guadalupe Road, Nipomo, CA 93444
Human Resources and Safety Manager
The Human Resources and Safety Manager develops and implements proactive human resources and safety programs. Key responsibilities include developing procedures and policies that help maintain a safe and respectful work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and helping resolve work-related problems;
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices and government regulations;
- Manage employee documentation such as Employee Handbook and Safety Manual;
- Advise and train managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes;
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, terminating employees and administering disciplinary processes;
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives;
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants;
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training and labor relations activities;
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages , and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits;
- Conduct investigations on employee relations issues i.e. harassment, safety, etc.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates;
- Provide general guidance, direction, advice and regulatory requirements in all areas of occupational safety and health;
- Provide leadership and direction to operating managers regarding effective accident investigation and management and return to work programs;
- Administers the Company’s workers’ compensation program, which includes monitoring our workers’ compensation rate and developing ways to reduce it.
- Maintain OSHA documentation the MSDS books and chemical lists. Work with other managers responsible for hazardous material handling;
- Conduct weekly safety meetings. Coach and educate all levels of management and employees on environmental safety and health regulations;
- Identify, report and provide solutions for employee safety programs, regulatory compliance and employee health issues;
- Develop and maintain all company occupational safety and health programs;
- Receive all OSHA citations and determine appropriate responses and actions under the direction of the General Manager;
- Receive and review all field safety audits, risk assessments. Complete analysis, measurement and reports as directed;
- Review all post-accident investigations for process and procedure improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, safety management, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, occupational environmental health and safety, or a related field
- Three to five years’ proven experience managing human resources and safety programs;
- Experience in the agriculture and produce industry a plus;
- Conscientious, detail-oriented worker who is self-motivated
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to speak Spanish a plus;
- Personal leadership skills Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior-level executives to front-line workers.
- Experience working with individuals across different geographies and cultures, as well as with cross-division efforts in a large company.
How to Apply
Guadalupe Cooling provides an excellent compensation and benefit package. Interested candidates may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: 510-656-1137. EOE.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.