Business Operations Coordinator
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CALIFORNIA
Precision specializes in preconstruction consulting, construction management, and general
construction services. We serve a wide range of clients, from aerospace innovators to private equity firms, real estate developers, architects, engineers, and government agencies. Whether our clients need help with projects straight out of science fiction (i.e. Hyperloop technology) or simply want to mitigate risk in their commercial real estate portfolios, we empower these groups to build better projects and advance the construction industry.
The Business Operations Coordinator will work cross-functionally to provide support across
Precision’s operations. By upholding a growth-oriented and get-it-done mindset, this position will contribute to the overall growth, culture, efficiency and effectiveness of the business. Whether it’s supporting talent activities, or working with managers to identify team building and community outreach opportunities, the Coordinator will have an opportunity for impact across a wide range of essential business functions.
This position will report to the Business Operations Manager.
Create a professional and welcoming office environment by overseeing front office operations including our reception area, company phone system, and mail administration. Assist with the purchase and maintenance of office supplies and equipment, and other company goods and services. Provide administrative support with company programs and events.
Promote Precision and its brand by seeking out networking opportunities and participating in networking events. Build relationships and engage with the business community and local universities to cultivate a pipeline of prospective candidates.
Support the management team in acquiring top talent by overseeing the candidate pool, documenting job descriptions, posting and promoting job openings, screening candidates, and setting up interviews. Participate in the hiring process by administering background checks, coordinating required exams, and facilitating employee paperwork. Keep the company’s talent software platform updated and provide benefit program support to employees as required.
Identify opportunities to strengthen Precision’s culture by incorporating the mission and core values into daily life. Ensure employees have a positive work experience by helping to build camaraderie among coworkers and partnering with management to organize team events. Provide opportunities for employees to connect with and contribute to the greater community.
● Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in Office Administration, Human Resources or a related field
● A bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field such as Human Resources or Communications
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to network and build relationships in the community
● Service oriented with experience in a customer facing role
● Strong organizational, planning, and execution skills
● Attention to detail
● Proactive with ability to identify and address business needs
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
● Event planning experience a plus
● Ability to perform normal office duties
● Ability to operate and maintain office equipment
● Ability to lift up to 20-30 lbs on occasion
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.