The Porch Cafe in Santa Margarita is looking for full or part time help at a busy restaurant setting. We are open 7 am to 8pm daily.
Food service and customer service skills will be needed and the ability to multitask and work quickly. The following is required:
-Must be available on Weekends. Saturday and Sundays are busiest.
-Flexible Schedule. Full Time or Part time is available, depending on current staffing levels. Roughly 20-40 hours a week of availability now.
-Restaurants are busy and get dirty. Must be ok with cleaning, bussing, doing dishes, taking orders, and anything else involved.
-Early mornings are needed and often required. It won't be every day. But you need to be ok with coming in at 6:30 am when required. We also run afternoon to evening shifts, 2pm to close, and will try to schedule you consistently.
-Reliable transportation. We are not far away (10 minutes from SLO or Atascadero), however unless you live in town, it's best to have a good car.
· Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
· Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, prepping meat, or preparing sauces)
· Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
· Answer, report and follow instructions in place by management
· Clean up stations
· Complete all opening and closing procedures
· Stock inventory appropriately
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
· Comply with all nutrition and sanitation regulations, and safety standards
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customer requirements
· Follow the prep list created by managers and kitchen staff
· Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
· Undertake basic cooking duties such as making breakfast items (bagels, burritos, baked goods, fried foods, burgers, fries, etc.)
· Prepare simple dishes such as salads and wraps, burgers and fries
· Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Food Handler's Certificate
· Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
· Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· Ability to remain on feet standing during entire shift
· Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
· A team player with good verbal and written communication skills
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour (depends on experience). You will also earn tips.
Please submit a resume via email and we will call you to discuss! Pay depends on experience. We are ready to hire immediately.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.