Business Manager – Vacation Rental Management
We are seeking a full-time exempt employee that can work as a Jack/Jill-of-all-Trades and master of some key functions in our business. In this position, you will have the opportunity to perform all aspects of a small business enterprise including inventory management, revenue management, owner relations, guest services, website management, accounting functions, labor regulations and regulatory compliance, home maintenance oversight and more. Some of these will be your primary responsibility and for others, you will provide backup or share the function with other team members.
It is important that the right candidate be a self-starter, detail-oriented and reliable when it comes to deliverables. This position requires good organizational skills, excellent technical aptitude, tenaciousness to dig in and solve problems and most important, a positive can-do attitude. We are looking for an individual who always strives for excellence and constant improvement when performing job functions.
We manage over 60 vacation rental properties in San Luis Obispo County, California, mostly in the north coastal area of the county. We have acquired and retained these properties because we focus on optimizing revenue for homeowner clients while ensuring a very high level of maintenance of our rentals so our guests have an excellent vacation experience. We are the leading vacation rental management company in our area and we have achieved this with a small but dynamic, can-do staff. We are proud of the fact that we have created a very cohesive, hard-working team that pitches in where needed and yet maintains a fun and friendly work environment. We operate a 7-day-a-week operation where everyone on the team performs multiple functions. We pay very competitive salaries and bonuses based on performance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- This position is full-time and must be available to be on call evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Webmaster: Ability to quickly study and understand new software releases from our VR reservation software and the Online Travel Agency (OTA) software in order to assess impact to our operations and make needed changes. Create new property listings on all sites and update these listings as needed.
- Revenue Management: Lead effort on managing pricing and inventory management systems. Run scheduled reports and perform booking and rate analysis to suggest rate changes for portfolio of homes. Report to team on over and underperforming homes, reservation booking source trends, guest cost analysis and more. Create annual market forecasts and team revenue goals.
- Compliance Expert: Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant labor and workman’s comp regulations. Oversee home and business insurance compliance. Make minor updates to owner and guest contracts as needed.
- Accounting and Insurance: Participate in varied accounting functions including bill payment, review of monthly homeowner statements for accuracy and other A/P functions. Act as liaison for guest travel insurance issues and resolution.
- Join with the management team by contributing innovative and creative ideas geared toward improvement and cost savings for the company.
- Marketing: Create marketing material and past-guest newsletters as needed.
- New owner acquisition: Lead marketing and outreach efforts to recruit and sign new owners to our property management program
Shared Job Responsibilities
- Develop an extensive knowledge of each home that we manage and become familiar with the intricate details. Establish relationships with all homeowners and communicate with them as needed.
- Oversee home maintenance and housekeeping along with the Housekeeping Manager and Operations Manager.
- Oversee office operations as backup to the Operations Manager. Requires an in-depth knowledge of reservation policies and procedures. Must be willing to jump in to assist on reservations when volume demands.
- Oversee payroll for staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Participate in local regulatory interactions and compliance.
- Respond to guest issues and requests when on duty
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field (preferred) OR
- 2 years minimum management experience in all facets of vacation rental property management
- California Real Estate license (preferred)
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office. Knowledge of vacation rental software is preferred.
- Basic website development and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to help train and manage a successful team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reliable transportation for use on the job (required)
- Willing to work some weekend days as business demands
- Annual salary - $54,000 - $70,000 based on experience
- Bonus plan based on company performance against goals
- Mileage compensation per current federal guidelines (currently 56 cents/mile).
- Paid vacation time; limited paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Remote Zoom interview process will be used for initial interviews.