The Warehouse Specialist receives, verifies, stores and distributes all Cal Poly Corporation goods, supplies, and equipment as required. Takes inventory counts and recommend amounts to be purchased to the food buyer(s). Distributes, stores and cleans mini-refrigerators rented to residence hall students on an ongoing basis. Supervise the return, cleaning, and storage of the refrigerators. Pick up goods and supplies from vendors.
Positions are 10-month appointments, with summers and academic breaks off unless work is available.
Apply Here: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1501
Typical Essential Functions:
- Receive, verify, store and distribute all Cal Poly Corporation goods, supplies, and equipment as required
- Take inventory counts and recommend amounts to be purchased to the food buyer
- Train and direct the work of student assistants working in the warehouse
- Pick up goods and supplies from vendors
- Instruct students in accident prevention and safe working procedures
- Review Food Service inventory print out for accuracy and bring errors to the attention of the food buyer
- Distribute, store and clean mini-refrigerators rented to residence hall students on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise the return and storage of the refrigerators
- Clean, sweep, mop, dust warehouse dock, receiving area, and refrigerators
- Perform other duties assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum 3 years of warehouse or related experience
- Knowledge of the safe use and operation of various pieces of warehouse equipment
- Must be intimately familiar with and have knowledge of shipping and receiving practices in a fast-paced and high-volume warehouse environment.
- Be familiar with perpetual inventory systems
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet time lines
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff, Board of Directors, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Become ServSafe certified within first year of service and maintain certification as required
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
- The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
To view more information about Cal Poly Campus Dining’s operations and venue information, please visit this link. https://www.calpolydining.com/
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer