Etna Interactive, a marketing agency in San Luis Obispo, CA, is hiring a Marketing Specialist with a minimum of 2 years of related professional experience or educational background.
What will I do?
Help small businesses grow.
At Etna Interactive our teams work together to strategically develop marketing plans for our clients and execute the projects they determine will meet each client's goals.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Represent our clients as you manage their social media channels (unpaid and paid) and strengthen their reputations through online platforms, refining their voice.
- Coach our clients to improve their efforts in tandem with ours or manage some marketing themselves in-house.
- Execute a variety of projects for your clients to influence ranking factors, including tactics to build strong backlink profiles and establish a presence in local SEO.
- Work with our Technology and Creative teams to improve clients' websites.
- Utilize your marketing mind to attract healthy leads for your clients, developing and executing integrated campaigns.
- Collaborate with our Paid Search Team to direct clients' paid advertising efforts, in some cases directly managing them, to maximize conversion rates.
- Assist in the development of existing products and help identify new product opportunities that improve our results.
- Review and report clients' performance metrics every month by means of Google Analytics and keyword ranking tools.
- Track KPIs through the life of marketing plans, adjusting your planned strategy as necessary to stay on target and achieve your goals.
What should I know?
We do uncommonly good work.
Because our small firm has made a big name for itself in the medical marketing space, our clients expect and truly deserve the attention of an experienced professional.
As a Marketing Specialist, you must:
Be a marketer.
- Have a bachelor's degree in marketing or a related area of study and 2 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understand how to use your creativity to get results you can prove.
- Know the tools in your toolbox - know what you need to do to get the results you seek, and if we don't already offer it as a product, speak up about adding it.
- Communicate and work with team members and clients in a positive, professional, and productive manner.
- Build positive relationships and maintain a sense of humor and optimistic attitude.
- Be agile and able to "think on your feet" while managing competing priorities.
- Recognize where and how to add value to projects and proactively participate.
Be skilled in the basics.
- Have knowledge and experience using Windows Operating System, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- There is also the intangible benefit of working in a supportive, casual environment, surrounded by professionals who work with purpose and passion, and understand that this is more than just a job to us.
- Know your resources including common web browsers, websites such as Google Analytics and Wayback Machine.
- Have a healthy obsession with details and processes, with an understanding of and appreciation for the law of diminishing returns.
What will I learn?
In a world that's constantly evolving, we embrace change as opportunity to learn and develop our skills, products, and services.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will learn:
- How the talents of others outside the marketing department can integrate with the projects inside the department.
- When to contribute your own skills and work with others, tapping into their skills to achieve clients' goals.
- Thinking outside the box and bridging creative solutions with systems and processes.
- Fostering a clear mind through patience and focus while operating under urgency.
- Managing competing priorities while staying on top of multiple details.
- Cross-training through our skills matrix on a range of tactics, including link building, local SEO, social media, paid search, and communication -- with the goal of developing into a "T-shaped marketer" (Google it).
- Utilizing our resources to your advantage, whether it's through exploring tools within projects or outside the office, or by taking online courses or attending conferences.
- Teaching others will expose you to new perspectives and may lead you to new ways of thinking and re-inventing our products and processes.
- Doing the best work of your career because you are surrounded by professionals who will support you and help you along the way.
We have a really cool office and frequent perks, including Friday happy hours. But right now we’re all working remotely, so virtual games and happy hours it is! While we are currently remote, this position will be based in SLO when we return to the office. But whether in office or remote, you'll still receive:
- Employer-sponsored medical coverage
- A 401(K) plan with an employer matching component
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance
- A progressive paid time off system
There's also the invaluable benefit of working in a comfortable, casual environment (whether it’s in our SLO headquarters or your own home), surrounded by great people who work hard and play hard (whether that be in person or via Zoom and Slack).
We will ask the most compelling candidates to complete an at-home skills assessment; exceptional performance on the assessment will earn you an interview.
We have a special interest in finding candidates with excellent organization and communication skills. While a strong skill set and innate intelligence will get you in the door, a kind personality and the ability to fit in with our team here at Etna are necessary traits of a successful applicant.
Since 2002, Etna Interactive has helped clinical and aesthetic practices, hospitals, insurance companies, and medical device manufacturers educate and attract new patients. Our small firm has made a big name for itself in the medical marketing industry, and our clients expect the attention of an experienced professional at every step.
To APPLY, please submit your resume, a cover letter (PDF preferred) and a portfolio at https://www.etnainteractive.com/why-etna/careers/
Etna Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Etna Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.