We are seeking energetic, friendly people to help us with our daily campus dining culinary operations. Looking for individuals who will come to campus each day willing to observe campus safety and mask protocols while providing a top quality experience for customers. Perfect opportunity to see what being a part of the campus community is all about and find opportunities to grow professionally in the process.
Part time hours may vary and are flexible due to a variety of openings at different campus venues, so please provide desired number of hours and availability with any submission of interest to this position. While part time positions are not benefited, there are many perks to working on campus at Cal Poly.
Under the direction of full time culinary staff, the part time cook’s role is to assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. Duties may include receiving orders, stocks coolers and pantry, prepares mise en place, cooks, and on occasion serves food items to customers from the menu.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the preparation of meals and meal items as required to ensure customer-dining satisfaction by following and maintaining standardized recipes using approved procedures and common kitchen equipment as listed below to produce the highest quality product while preventing waste
• Provide training to workers in methods of performing duties assigned and coordinate work of employees to promote efficient operations
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, both in the kitchen and with other staff to ensure good communications and enhance “team” effort
• Maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen following prescribed safety and sanitation procedures to ensure compliance with health regulations and safety standards
• Report and equipment malfunction through prescribed procedures to minimize loss of production efficiency due to equipment failure
• Prepare and setup food items as required using standard line service tools while adhering to proper portion control and garnishing procedures to enhance customer service and satisfaction
• Operate in a safe manner kitchen equipment, including but not limited to, steamers, steam kettles, rotary ovens, convection ovens, deep fat fryers, broilers, stoves, slicers, choppers, scales and measuring devices, and normal hand tools common to the commercial kitchen
• Perform other duties assigned
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $18.00 per hour
Campus Dining has implemented multiple increased safety and sanitation measures across campus, including protective barriers, increased cleaning protocols, de-densifying measures, employee protection gear, UV sanitizing technology, and online ordering.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.