Childcare Teacher Toddler/Preschool Featured
Trust Automation Children's Center
125 Venture Drive
Trust Children's Center is always looking for amazing child care professionals who truly have a love for children! You will be responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in your care, which may include infants, toddlers and/or preschool age children. This position is located in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- 1-2 years of experience in a licensed child care program
- 24+ units in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
- Child Development Permit - Preferred
- CPR/First Aide certified including fifteen hours of Health and Safety Training
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition
- Ability to use the computer to input developmental data
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities
- Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being
- Must be able to manage confidential information
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child
- Expected to attend an evening staff meeting and/or training once per month
This position requires successfully passing a Livescan background check, prior to the first day of employment.
What You Need For This Position:
- 24 college units of Child Development/Early Childhood Studies. Would prefer if you had a minimum of 3 units of Infant/Toddler Studies
- CPR/First Aid certification (including fifteen hours of Health and Safety Training)
- Current Mandated Reporter Training certificate
- Experience working in a licensed child care program
- Knowledge of DRDP (Desired Results for Children and Families) preferred
- Experience with Outdoor Classroom Project preferred
- Ability to work as a team with other teachers in a multi-age setting with a willingness to be adaptable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applied knowledge of computer software including Word, Outlook, digital photography and Excel for email, documentation and child portfolios.
- LiveScan fingerprinting/background check, TB and physical health clearance upon hire
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted for duties such as carrying children and equipment. Must be able and comfortable with kneeling, bending, crawling and working in both and inside and outside environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Trust Children's Center and Trust Automation are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We participate in E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.