Full Time Position Opening in the Arroyo Grande Area!!
JOB TITLE: Janitorial Senior Lead
RATE OF PAY: $18.00
SHIFT: Days and hours vary depending on location.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! We are looking for employees that have a commitment to customer service, a positive attitude and outlook, continuous adaptability to change, and the desire to learn and work as a team player. We are a local employer, dedicated to our clients and employees. We provide competitive wages, opportunities for growth, Employee Recognition, and an excellent Safety Culture. Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Sick Time Off, Health Benefits and regular Performance Reviews with merit increases.
Under the supervision of the Janitorial Supervisor, the Senior Lead plans, and schedules work assignments, and provides supervision to other janitors as well as job related trainings. Lead by example, reports to work as scheduled, modeling team readiness and dependability.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all contracts within assigned area
- Develop and maintain strong, viable customer and employee relationships
- Ensure all customer’s requests are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Schedule, train, coach, counsel all assigned staff
- Ensure all duties performed and equipment used are in conformity with Safety standards
- Responsible for routine review and monitoring of employee timekeeping
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with our best practices, policies, procedures, and applicable laws
- Assist in ordering and maintaining custodial and floor care materials and supplies as assigned
- Maintain routine records, such as work orders, equipment and maintenance, chemical applications, cleaning schedules, and overtime assignments
- Minimum 2 years of janitorial experience as a Lead or Supervisor
- Oral and written communication in both English and Spanish
- Prioritization and Organizational skills
- Ownership of assigned tasks and willingness to step in when necessary
- Extensive knowledge of all janitorial equipment, such as floor buffers, carpet extractors, auto scrubbers, vacuums
- Extensive knowledge of cleaning practices and applications, such as the various cleaning compounds and solutions, sanitizing, stripping and waxing compounds and agents
- Knowledge of building and facility security procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge and awareness of occupational hazards
- Possess valid driver's license and is able to provide a DMV driving record
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Required to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals such as disinfectants, floor stripper, floor wax
- Working with chemicals, tools, and powered machinery
- Possible contact with blood borne pathogens and /or bodily fluids
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust/focus
- Perform repetitive tasks: stand during most of the shift, walking, stooping, bending, reaching and crouching, using hands and fingers, climbing up/down stairs and ladders
- Must have reliable transportation to arrive to/from work site
- Must be flexible with schedule, as shift times could change at customer's request, depending on position and/or assignment
Ameri-Kleen, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!