Campus Dining offers a wide variety of restaurants, food trucks and markets on campus with flexible business hours, including late nights and holidays. Fresh foods are brought in from local and regional sources to create meals that are colorful and nutritious. Three executive chefs, one dining director and two assistant dining directors with experience at top restaurants and universities lead our dining team to bring high-quality offerings and service to our customers.
Under the direct supervision of the Dishroom Supervisor and the Assistant Supervisor, the Dishwasher (10 month) assists in the cleaning and sanitization of china, glassware and flatware. Responsible for the washing of pots, pans and other kitchen utensils while maintaining a safe and sanitary Dishroom.
Apply Here: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1470
Typical Essential Functions:
- Set-up and and tear down of all dish washing equipment. Use and apply dish machine chemicals safely and correctly
- Assist with the sanitation of all china, glassware, and flatware
- Assist with the sanitation and general maintenance of the Dishroom, including pots and pans areas
- Ensure a safe and clutter free operation
- Ensure that cabinets and carts are cleaned and kept in a sanitary manner
- Work and communicate with other departments to ensure a smooth running operation
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Dish Requests from Catering and other departments
- Monitor equipment performance and reporting deficiencies as appropriate
- Perform other duties assigned
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year of food service experience, including dishwashing operations
- Experience with conveyor dish machines, conveyor dish belts, mechanical soap dispensers, and rotary dish machines
- Ability to maintain safe and sanitary areas following prescribed safety and sanitation procedures to ensure compliance with health regulations and safety standards
- Ability to become ServSafe certified within first year of service and maintain certification as required
- Ability to understand oral and written communication
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
- The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
- Ability to work nights and early morning shifts
Positions are 10-month appointments, with summers and academic breaks off unless work is available.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. This position is benefit eligible. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer