Mental Health Clinician
Seneca Family of Agencies
6850 Morro Rd, Atascadero
Kinship Center, a member of the Seneca Family of Agencies, is seeking a Mental Health Clinician. Clinicians are a part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals providing mental health services children and their caregivers. Specialty populations include foster and adopted children, and those being raised by relatives. The Clinician will participate in the daily provision of services to clients within the program through assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case management functions in family systems, strength-based model.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client’s life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar field
- Eligible to register with the California BBS
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other licensing or certification requirements.
- Valid California Driver's License and ability to be insured by Seneca's insurance carrier
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to children, adolescents and families required
- Direct work experience and/or understanding of clinical issues pertaining to children in the child welfare system, adoption, relative caregiving a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Additional salary increase for bilingual Spanish abilities upon successful completion of the language proficiency exam.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
To apply, please visit our website at https://careers-senecafoa.icims.com/jobs/3132/mental-health-clinician/job
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.