Is this you?
You’ll be focused on our clients’ success. To succeed you need to love people and love technology. You won’t be alone . . . you’re part of a fun, high-performance team that supports one another. It really is rewarding working on a winning team whose clients love them.
You have excellent communication skills–written and verbal, are an effective team member and get excited about solving problems. A background in customer service can’t hurt. You’re comfortable teaching others technology, right? The team you’re joining is driven to pursue excellence, utilizes the spiffiest gadgets, gizmos, and practices . . . so you must love to learn, change and innovate. We’ll help you learn with your quarterly training budget and incentives.
Are you ready?
You’re engaging in a high touch, client contact position, playing a leadership role to plan, specify, deploy, support and maintain the IT infrastructure, systems, and application that run our clients’ businesses (Line of business apps, cloud resources, LANs, WANs, data centers, desktops, and mobile devices). You will serve the best in class healthcare, accounting, finance, winery, manufacturing & engineering operations who rely on technology to get business done.
Your new office:
Clever Ducks is located in scenic downtown San Luis Obispo, California. We are a block away from 60+ restaurants, cafes & pubs, not to mention Farmer’s Market. You’ll be working in a new, open, collaborative space that is filled with natural daylight from windows and solar tubes. Of course, we have a Sonos and Nespresso machine.
* Remote support for networks with a variety of computers, servers, peripherals and software
* Maintain documentation of communications and resolution of issues
*Support and engage in our positive company culture
* Manage customer relationships as a personal, service-oriented trusted advisor
We seek a solution-oriented person with solid experience in a handful of the following specific skills:
* Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016, SBS 2008/2011 & Office Applications
* VPN technologies/protocols
* 802.11n/ac internal & external w/ WPA2
* Firewall appliances (such as SonicWALL, WatchGuard, Sophos UTM)
* Managed switches
* Print servers, printers, and MFPs
* Backup systems (such as StorageCraft, Acronis, cloud backup solutions)
* Basic wiring – Termination & testing of CAT5
* Smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
* HP servers and workstations
* DHCP and DNS troubleshooting
* Hardware troubleshooting
* Cloud services management
* One year or more of IT & customer service experience.
* Required Certifications:
–Tier1: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft MTA’s
–or the ability to obtain certifications within 6 months.
Personality traits desired:
* Professional, trustworthy, productive, fun, humble, systematic, organized, conscientious, polite, team player, reliable, multi-tasking, flexible, reassuring & confident with clients, patient and proactive.
* Full-time position, 8-5 core hours, flex time around those core hours; some overtime and weekend work will be required. We rotate on-call duties and value work-life balance.
* Must have valid CA driver’s license & reliable vehicle, 50% onsite; 50% around SLO county (mileage will be reimbursed)
* Able to lift 40 pounds
* Company utility bike use is optional but encouraged.
* Uniform shirts provided.
* Complete benefits package, paid time off and competitive hourly wage position.
About Clever Ducks:
Clever Ducks is an Information Technology professional services firm serving clients throughout the San Luis Obispo-Santa Maria area since 1992. Our devotion to optimum reliability, exceptionally responsive customer service and proper documentation set us apart. Our progressive, steadily growing business makes us a great place to work and grow a career. We provide technology solutions that directly support our clients’ business models.
Clever Ducks is conveniently located at 1313 Broad Street in San Luis Obispo, CA.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.cleverducks.com or check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cleverducks
To apply for this position email email@example.com include a PDF of your resume, as well as a short PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you’re amazing, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this job.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.