THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION THROUGH JUNE 2020.
To coordinate the services and activities related to recreation programming, use and maintenance of various City recreation community centers and sports fields, neighborhood and community special events, and organize adult and youth sports. The Coordinator assists with the implementation of program goals and objectives and performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the assigned area of responsibility. This position requires knowledge of recreation principles and methods as well as supervisory, organization and planning skills.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
The Recreation Coordinator position works independently with minimal supervision and receives direction from the Recreation Services Director.
May exercise technical and functional supervision over clerical, part-time, contract and volunteer staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
- Provide exemplary customer service to all individuals by demonstrating a willingness to be attentive, understanding, responsive, fair, courteous and respectful, and actively participate in fostering a positive customer service environment.
- Plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and oversee a variety of neighborhood, social and recreation programs, activities and special events; including but not limited to: youth and adult sports programs, community special events and sporting events.
- Oversee and coordinate the use of various City recreational facilities including assigned community centers and parks; utilize software to track usage and prepare billing; confirm reservations and explain policies and procedures governing usage of assigned facilities; ensure proper forms, permits and contracts are completed and upheld.
- Coordinate adult and youth leagues and programs, facilities, referees, umpires, scorekeepers and related supplies.
- Develop and assist in the coordination of special events, providing the public with an ongoing source of community activities.
- Assist the general public; answer the telephone and respond to questions and inquiries; receive and record payments for facility use; maintain current and accurate records of payments or refunds and attendance at various recreation facilities.
- Identify and report facility maintenance issues.
- Follow and uphold City of Arroyo Grande Recreation Services Department policies and philosophies.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to provide a safe, healthy and enriching environment for participants; enforce discipline policies with program participants and staff.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of program goals and objectives.
- Monitor program performance; recommend and implement modifications to systems and procedures.
- Assist in recruiting, training and coordinating the work of part-time staff and volunteers; responsible for staffing schedules.
- Assist in providing applicable staff training programs to ensure staff are sufficiently trained and program goals are met.
- Actively participate and engage in local, State and National initiatives and trends affecting recreation programs.
- Review all paperwork (injury report forms, timecards, supply requests) and maintain accurate records and files.
- Prepare, update and maintain reports, correspondence and staff manuals.
- Plan, coordinate and attend staff and on-site meetings; attend and participate in required in-service training activities.
- Research, develop and propose recreation programming opportunities; prepare cost estimates and participation requirements.
- Participate in monitoring and maintaining the assigned budget; maintain and review monthly revenue and expenditure reports.
- Transport sporting equipment and related supplies to recreation facilities.
- Respond and perform assigned duties in the event of a City declared emergency.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Principles and techniques of organizing and implementing a variety of recreational activities.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and report preparation.
- Principles and practices common to the field of childcare and recreation services.
- Methods and techniques of scheduling and renting facilities for public use.
- Sports and how to coordinate league play, including but not limited to softball and basketball.
- Techniques for effective communication, for providing a high level of customer service and effectively representing the City.
- Developing collaborations to support recreation programming.
- Basic marketing theories, principles and practices and their application to recreation programming, facility rental and special events.
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and associated software.
- Applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing use of City recreational facilities.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and safety regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate and direct youth and adult sports.
- Plan, promote and implement special events.
- Plan, coordinate and organize sports tournaments.
- Ensure programs are operating in accordance with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to requests and inquiries.
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for events, programs and facilities.
- Collaborate and develop community partnerships for special events and programs.
- Coordinate various personnel and volunteers.
- Interpret and explain City policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Effectively coordinate the use and maintenance of various City recreational facilities.
- Ensure adherence to rules and regulations governing the use of City facilities.
- Perform a variety of basic mathematical calculations.
- Quickly accommodate unexpected changes in priorities, work schedules and emergencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in recreation programming, event planning, business administration or a related field.
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in a recreation programming. One year of experience in a recreational setting including some record keeping and scheduling experience.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license.
Office and recreational field environment; exposure to computer screens, sports fields and gymnasiums, occasional travel from site to site and extensive contact with participants and public; limited exposure to adverse conditions such as dust, fumes, odors, noise or inclement weather conditions.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read written materials, a computer screen and drive a motor vehicle; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone; finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Must possess the ability to sit or stand for extended periods, walk over uneven surfaces, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, as well as lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
In order to assure maximum objectivity in making the selection, the following selection procedure will be followed:
- All applications will be reviewed/screened to select qualified applicants.
- An oral examination will be administered to the qualified applicants. A written exercise may also be administered.
- The Director of Recreation Services will recommend the top candidate for the position to the City Manager. The City Manager’s choice for the position will be final. At the City Manager’s discretion, all candidates may be rejected.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Submit application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arroyogrande by Sunday, November 17, 2018, 11:00 P.M.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
THE CITY OF ARROYO GRANDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES MINORITIES, WOMEN, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES TO APPLY. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY ACCOMMODATION FOR TESTING DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE AT TIME OF APPLICATION.