Trust Automation, a fast growing company in San Luis Obispo which designs, builds and supports control and power management systems for the most demanding defense, semiconductor, industrial automation, green technology and medical applications is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to join our team in San Luis Obispo, CA. As an Engineering Program Manager, you will build upon the foundation of Trust Automation’s commitment to service, support, and long term partnership with customers, providing excellence in engineering services.
WHATS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
You will directly contribute to Trust Automation’s success by providing technical leadership and support for the design and development of custom motion control and power conversion/management systems. You are sure to also enjoy our casual yet energetic work environment, competitive compensation, on-site childcare and career growth opportunities. Also, if you love a good game of foosball, ping-pong or pinball you have come to the right place. Gaming not your jam? Join our lunch time walking crew as we take in the beautiful, sunshiny weather of San Luis Obispo!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Program Management of engineering activity to meet program objectives.
- Provides technical leadership and support for the design and development of custom motion control and power conversion/management systems.
- Primary point of contact for a program, handling customer and internal interaction.
- Facilitates communication and disseminates information to project team and all pertinent stakeholders.
- Manages the cost, schedule and engineering deliverables with the customer, sales team, and manufacturing group.
- Manages assigned engineering resources based on cost, schedule, and resource loading cooperatively with the V.P. of Engineering to accomplish project goals.
- Coordinates generation of high level specifications, and facilitates program design reviews and design review documentation.
- Effectively documents meetings and reviews, and tracks resulting issues and actions affecting the requirements, goals or execution of tasks for the program.
- Identification, tracking and mitigation of program risks: technical, schedule, and budget.
- Requirement derivation, tracking, and verification/validation for the program using Verification Tracking Matrix (VTM) approach. Ensure that system engineering is being executed on the program.
- Work cooperatively with Manufacturing Engineering during the product release process to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Management of a released product for sustainment or issue resolution.
- Assist in the execution of the AS9100 Engineering Design and Development process and continual improvement.
- Assist in forecasting resource requirements for Design and Development engineering.
- Assist in proposal writing and quoting of new and follow-on engineering efforts as needed.
- Travel to customer site when needed for program management, customer reviews, or problem resolution.
- Participate in Trust’s philosophy to provide quality products, excellent customer service and satisfaction, and engineering innovation, while maintaining a desirable employee work environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in engineering, 5+ years of successful experience in a senior engineering design position, and 2+ years of technical and/or program management.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to development with hands-on engineering skills is required.
- Strong arithmetic and logic ability.
- Control system development experience (i.e. - PID) is preferred.
- Analog and digital circuit design experience is preferred.
- Firmware/embedded systems design experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of motion and motor control experience is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with agile project management (i.e. – SCRUM) is preferred.
- Experience in management of personnel to inspire and motivate them to produce reliable, quality driven products and systems, within scheduled deadlines.
- Creative and collaborative problem solving skills, driving "fast and right" results for complex situations and problems.
- Ability to convey specific, measurable expectations for each assignment, and verify understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes.
- Ability to convey information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse teams.
- Position status requires willingness to work a flexible schedule from both a time and logistics basis.
Members of our team are paid well; however, what you can achieve with us will depend entirely on your ability and desire to become an indispensable part of our team. We offer a competitive and comprehensive total benefits package including fully paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, profit sharing, 401k retirement plan, onsite childcare (infant to age 5), an Employee Assistance program and much more. The salary range for this position is: $90,000-$120,000.
Please apply at: www.trustautomation.com/careers