1st Capital Bank is a locally owned and managed community bank headquartered in Monterey County. We provide professional banking, including credit and treasury management products/services to businesses, professionals and residents throughout California's Central Coast.
We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency - client trust and security are paramount in our line of business and we recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture.
We are seeking an experienced Loan Services Specialist to join our Loan Operations team in our San Luis Obispo Office.
The Loan Services Specialist interfaces with customers, loan officers and other departments to perform a variety of complex duties related to the posting of loan activity. Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures covering loan servicing functions. Boarding and servicing of the Bank’s loan portfolio.
Here are the major duties of the position:
• Participate in all aspects of loan servicing including but not limited to boarding and auditing loans, processing loan transactions, reconciling and disbursing funds, daily balancing and certifying general ledger accounts, reviewing and clearing non-post, preparation of pay off demand statements, and all other functions as required.
• Submit reports as required with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Communicate incomplete and/or incorrect loan data to lending personnel.
• Meet the deadlines established for boarding and notify supervisor of any changes to processing timeframes.
• Complete assigned task within designated time frames.
• Updates computer system with pertinent collateral information and collateral exception information; tracks and clears approved exceptions.
• Works with lending staff in resolving discrepancies in documentation.
• Work collaboratively with lending staff and answer questions relating to loan servicing in a timely and courteous manner.
• Assist the Loan Services Supervisor in the development and implementation of policy and procedure or other task needed.
• Provide Mentoring of work staff.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Minimum of four years in banking, with three years of experience in loan operations department.
• Compliance issues and federal and state banking regulations.
• Commercial and consumer loan documentation requirements.
• Loan products and lending operations procedures.
• Legal entity documents.
• Maintain confidentiality of files and privileged information.
• Deal tactfully with internal and external customers in the resolution of errors.
• Make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Use equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follow established safety procedures, use appropriate safeguards, and observe common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
• Proficient skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
• Plan, organize and meet scheduled time lines, prioritize and schedule work.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with your resume to the email address identified in this ad.
1st Capital Bank offers a generous and competitive benefits package that includes: medical/dental/vision, life/ltd insurance, vacation, sick leave, holidays, 401k with employer matching contribution, bonus opportunity and a professional work environment with career advancement opportunities.
1st Capital Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.