Our medical practice has an immediate opening for 2 full-time Medical Assistants, with additional job duties, for our local outpatient office to work alongside and under the direct supervision of the Medical Providers and Practice Manager. This position may include some Front Office responsibilities as well as our office evolves, grows and adapts to the ever changing medical industry.
Job Duties Include:
The Medical Assistant will have direct patient contact, and as such must complete daily tasks with empathy and grace at all times. This position will come with opportunities for growth within the company, as our office restructures and grows.
- Rooming patients, collecting and recording vital signs
- Medication review & reconciliation
- Laboratory Ordering (Both Electronic and Paper Orders)
- Documenting and Fulfilling Medication Requests (Via Phone or ePrescribing system)
- Transmitting and/or Requesting Patient Records
- Candidate may also be asked to "float" to other positions as needed
. Candidate must have the ability to move quickly from one task to another independently, be able to communicate effectively with peers, staff and supervisor, take instructions, comprehend and follow through with tasks effectively. Candidate must possess good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to read, write, comprehend and follow written and oral instructions. Computer literacy with the ability to type accurately at a moderate pace, is highly desired.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program and/or Medical Assistant Certification
- At least two (2) years experience working in a clinical / office setting.
- Candidate must be proficient at operating basic office programs / equipment (Computer, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Systems, Scheduling Software, Microsoft Office Programs, Email, Multi-Line Telephone, Fax Machine, etc)
- BLS required
- Experience in a Nephrology practice extremely helpful
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking desired
Generous employee benefits package effective following satisfactory completion of 90 day probationary period.
In order to qualify for this position applicants must submit a resume & cover letter. Please be sure to include any reference letters and proof of Medical Assisting Certification.
***PLEASE NOTE:*** This positing is for immediate placement - Job seekers should must be local residents, and available to start immediately. Applicants living out of the area, with a need to relocate will not be considered.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.