The Regional Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects in the region, to ensure the customer's needs and expectations are surpassed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
· Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the sales person and designer.
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project, by utilizing the checklist to start the base plan.
· Determine the resources (time, equipment, etc) required to complete the project. As well as verify that all product is on schedule per the customer's expectations.
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
· Schedule and perform a plan check meeting with all involved staff members.
· Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
Staff the project
· In consultation with the appropriate manager and/or logistics coordinator, select the bkm lead and necessary outsourced laborers needed for this specific project.
· Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of bkm as well as the customer's preferences.
· Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the project in a pre-installation meeting.
Implement the project
· Execute the project according to the project plans and customer preferences. If more items are added to the project by the customer once the processes are started, it will be the responsibility of the PM to provide the information to the sales person and/or the assigned coordinator to have a new quote or service order created to expand the scope of work.
· Arrive on day of install to check in with customer and oversee the installation team. Make decisions on site questions. The Project manager will provide all lastminute processes and direction on how to proceed if there are any issues that arise.
· Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project in a timely manner on the first trip.
· Establish a communication schedule to update the customer, also including appropriate bkm staff, on the progress of the project.
· Review the quality of the work completed with the customer and the project team to ensure that it meets the project standards and expectations during site walk through. If a PUNCH situation arises, another walk through will be required at completion.
Control the project
· Oversee the punch list process that all information is represented appropriately, and the 3 P's are being processed according to the bkm standards.
· Communicate status updates via email to appropriate coordinator and sales person, if applicable.
· Ensure that all records for the project are up to date and provided to the appropriate coordinator and sales person, if applicable.
· Ensure that the job site was left in a clean and orderly fashion, if this means that you have to assist with cleaning up, you must provide that service.
· If the project is more than 2 days long, the PM should be on site for the first day, one day during the middle and the day of completion.
Evaluate the project
· Do a final walk through with the client to evaluate that the final installation is surpassing the customer's expectations. If there are any discrepancies, react immediately and remedy as many issues as possible while with the customer.
· Ensure that the project deliverables are on time if there was a split ship, continue to track the product and stay in contact with the customer and coordinator.
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and report back to all appropriate bkm staff members.
Additional weekly duties
· Each week have a face to face and/or phone call with every customer that will have an install coming up within your assigned accounts in addition to the additional projects assigned by the Operations Director. Also use this time to check in with customers that have had a recent install, or customers that you have not seen in a while just to touch base and make another level of personal connection to the customer. Make your presence known to the members of your specific accounts.
Always keep an open eye for solutions. Must keep a forward thinking approach to out of the box options for a quick and efficient solution. You are the last level of communication with the customer.
Company address: 3566 Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo CA
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.