Come be a part of our new Executive Chef Rachel Haggstrom's team. In this role you will be preparing dinner - Tuesday through Saturday 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm. A chance to work in a beautiful restaurant under an amazing leader. A Chef de Partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about his or her specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the sous chef and head chef.
Here's what you'll do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Chef de Partie's primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food in the outdoor kitchen & executing the cheese & deli program.
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up prior to service and maintaining the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Duties associated with this role: preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- Works with TRM Manager & Assistant Manager to build cheese program (deli & pairings)
- Prepares TRM cheese plates
- Controls deli case cost, inventory & places orders with Exec Chef
- Works with Exec and Sous chef to build and develop BBQ area offering
- Responsible for everything with the Outdoor BBQ area
- Supports the Restaurant with prep & execution of Events, Lunch, Brunch
- Proactively selects seasonal plantings for the garden based on Restaurant menu
- Maintain the JUSTIN garden and harvests vegetables & fruits for use in the kitchen and communicates what is available in the garden and what will be ready soon to the culinary team.
-Supports downtown tasting room and events as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Problem solving--identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully and collaboratively.
Oral communication--speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and actively participates in productive meetings.
Written Communication--possesses excellent written communication skills and composes email and other written correspondence in a professional manner.
Quality management--looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Judgment--displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
Planning/organizing--prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Safety and security--observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant -- making it the only winery on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. In 2015, JUSTIN was named "American Winery of the Year" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.