United Way of San Luis Obispo County (UWSLOC) is focused on creating long-lasting change in our communities by focusing on the building blocks for a good quality of life – education, income, and health – with one such program being 2-1-1 San Luis Obispo County, a free 24/7/365 resource line that provides information to callers about valuable resources in the community.
The Database Management Specialist will manage various UWSLOC databases (iCarol, the 2-1-1 resource database; Andar, UWSLOC’s client relations database, miscellaneous spreadsheets, etc.). The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with strong written communication skills, have knowledge of basic computer programs, and the ability to learn company specific programs and databases.
With supervision and direction from UWSLOC staff, this position will be given the opportunity to learn about the United Way network, to interact with other nonprofits in SLO County, and to work collaboratively with United Way partners and key stakeholders to ensure 2-1-1 callers always have access to the most current information. There will be opportunities for this position to assist in the analysis of 2-1-1 caller data to help produce community needs and trends reports for stakeholders, funders, and researchers. During disasters,this position may assist by gathering, verifying, and disseminating time-sensitive, critical information about disaster resources.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This part-time, temporary position has an approximate time commitment of 30 hours per week during regular business hours (flexible) and is expected to last approximately 18 months, with the possibility of extensions. (This is a grant funded position so if funding gets renewed each year, the position will be extended.) The main role of the position is to ensure that all UWSLOC databases are accurate and up-to-date, and the primary responsibilities include:
• Learning about United Way and its role in the community
• Gaining an understanding of the 2-1-1 program on a local and national level
• Learning to use the iCarol database software; become familiar with the software tools and database-style requirements
• Requesting database updates from agencies; following up with agencies via email and/or phone when verifications are not completed
• Be the point of contact for agency questions, providing technical assistance when needed
• Increase awareness about UWSLOC and 2-1-1 among community members; staff informational booth at community outreach events as needed
• Produce reports and analyze data as needed
• Maintain social media accounts
• Other UWSLOC duties as assigned
• Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Social Service, Library Science, or other related field required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least 2 years’ experience in social services, information management, or library services
• Passion for making vital health and human service information accessible to various audiences in multiple formats
• Self-motivated and organized
• Excellent writing and editing skills (attention to detail and accuracy)
• Technologically savvy, with proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office, various web browsers, and other software applications
• Punctuality and dependability
• A commitment to professional ethics and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Experience writing and editing text for clarity using a style guide
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$18/hour. This is a part-time, temporary, non-exempt position. Part-time employees are eligible for paid holidays, paid sick leave, and other mandated benefits such as workers' compensation and state disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may contact us at (805) 541-1234 for more information.
United Way of San Luis Obispo County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable requirements regarding applicants and criminal histories.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.