Job Title: IT Support Technician-Graveyard shift
Effective Date: April 8th, 2019
Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
The IT Support Tech is part of the Service Delivery (SD) team is an integral part of the company’s focus and commitment to supporting our customers. SD team members are the “first face” customers encounter when they need support, therefore, a positive, professional, and helpful disposition is essential. The most important characteristics of this team member are reliability, dependability, and the willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting customers. The most important skills of Service Delivery team members are computer and telephone technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to pro-actively monitor internal equipment for alarms affecting service. Team members must also have the ability to work with fellow technicians as a team and exhibit patience and good judgment. Team members are encouraged to pursue continuing education.
IT Support positions are based in our Administrative Office during weekdays and at our Network Operations Center (NOC) during a swing, graveyard, and weekend shifts. Those working at the NOC are responsible for the safety, security, and functionality of the Data Center and other areas of the Network Operations building.
- Answer support-related phone calls
- Respond to Trouble Tickets in a timely fashion
- Escalate Tickets or Alerts beyond skill level to appropriate personnel
- Assist Engineering staff with hardware maintenance, testing, and preparation
- Provision and de-provision services for customers
- Assist Engineering staff with trouble tickets escalated by less-experienced techs
- Ensure physical security of Data Center, NOC building, and occupants
- Prevent entry to building and data center of any unauthorized persons
- Check Identification and issue pass token to approved visitors
- Ensure that power and HVAC always function properly, including emergency backup systems
- Keep data center and racks clean
- Ensure safety of Data Center and NOC environment and occupants
- Ensure that all emergency systems (i.e. Fire Suppression, Security, and Telephone Communications) are functioning as expected
- Ensure that all Moves/Adds/Changes/Deletes are handled properly
- Assist the Corporate Services department with service audits
- Develop expertise on a specific subject matter (determined by discussion with management)
- Develop and maintain documentation for Digital West subject matter
- Daily and weekly checklists are performed and reports submitted on-time
- Internal documentation remains current and accurate.
- High-School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to pass a drug check and background investigation
- Able to speak, type, and hand-write English clearly with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Able to work rotating shifts including graveyard or swing, including holidays, on a regular basis
- Have your own transportation enabling you to get to and from work on time for whichever shifts you are assigned
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Able to type at a keyboard, use a mouse, focus on a computer monitor for long periods of time without causing or exacerbating any injury or medical condition
- Able to solve simple puzzles and arithmetic problems
- Able to create a checklist and follow it in order of arrangement without losing track of completed tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of basic Networking and OSI model.
- Familiarity with web and email hosting, databases, programming
- Familiarity with Operating Systems (Linux, Mac OS, Android, Windows, iOS)
- Certifications (i.e. Network+, A+, MTA, Junos JNCIA, Linux +) and/or three years equivalent experience preferred.