Goodwill Central Coast is looking for someone to maintain a proactive, integrated and dynamic asset protection program to support Goodwill’s overall mission and goals by reducing or eliminating loss of assets through theft, dishonesty, or misuse and assure a safe environment for customers and staff. Location support for the position is in Santa Cruz/Monterey Counties or San Luis Obispo County.
APPLY AT: https://www.ccgoodwill.org/work/apply-for-job/
- Maintain the loss prevention program in a designated region of Goodwill Central Coast which provides for a system of checks and balances that will ensure proper use of Goodwill Central Coast assets and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations of reported and/or suspected company losses. This includes interviewing involved parties and witnesses and completion of a comprehensive investigation report, and may include use of legal channels to recover any assets that have been misappropriated by Goodwill Central Coast’s staff or customers.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with local law enforcement and district attorney’s offices to assist in prosecution or recovery of assets when appropriate.
- Conduct regular cash reconciliation checks at retail stores and inspections at donation sites, warehouse and/or any other areas that are owned or controlled by Goodwill Central Coast in the designated region.
- Train on, and maintain proficiency in, the Point-of-Sale (POS) system to ensure sufficient monitoring in areas of potential theft and other loss vulnerability.
- Orient new hires in the designated region on risk management policies and procedures.
- Monitor CCTV for all locations as a spot check for safety and loss prevention.
- Review CCTV archives as requested to investigate all types of staff or customer wrongdoing.
- Maintain CCTV system in the designated region in conjunction with service vendors and make recommendations on camera placement and/or system upgrades.
- Adhere to defined procedures in relation to the collection and disposal of firearms, fireworks, alcohol and any other dangerous or donation deemed too risky or illegal to resell.
- Perform periodic spot checks on purchased goods inventory at stores and warehouse.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or equivalent.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQ’D: Valid Class C California driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years progressively responsible experience in loss prevention, law enforcement or equivalent.
- Specialized knowledge of loss prevention systems, procedures and techniques.
- Familiarity with computer operation and typical computer programs.
- Familiarity with general accounting and bookkeeping techniques.
- Familiarity with Goodwill Central Coast’s mission and Company policies and procedures (this may be learned on-the-job).
- Familiarity with electronic cash registers (this may be learned on-the-job)
EQUIPMENT USED: Typical office equipment, typical retail store equipment, vehicles, video cameras, binoculars, handcuffs and CCTV equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to drive a vehicle in the transaction of Company business. This requires a good driving record, and may require the ability to provide evidence of personal vehicle liability insurance.
- Ability to coordinate eye/hand/foot movement to safely maneuver in/out trucks/trailers, operate vehicle controls, walk up/down ramps and climb ladders.
- Ability to adapt to situations which involve the interpretation of feelings, ideas or facts in terms of personal viewpoint.
- Ability to understand and accept directions and follow procedures.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about people or things.
- Ability to maintain self-control (including during emergency and/or critical situations).
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and work in cooperation with co-workers.
- Ability to adapt to situations requiring precise conformance to set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to adhere to safe work practices as documented in Company safety policies; ability to report safety hazards/accidents promptly to supervisor or safety committee member.