Restore Manager Job Description
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and as part of the overall HFHSLOCO team, the ReStore Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a HFHSLOCO ReStore facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling and leadership of all volunteers, overseeing the financial operations of the store; the intake, clean-up, and resale marketing of all donations, incorporation of HFHSLOCO branding, shared marketing all HFHSLCO events and activities, soliciting donations, and assisting with marketing, and operational evaluations and improvements. As part of the greater HFHSLOCO organization, the ReStore Manager ensures that there is a generation of surplus funds to support HFHSLOCO’s building projects, and its other activities and events.
- 5+ years in a retail environment, with at least 2 years in a leadership position
- Experience must also include financial responsibility, budgeting, and product marketing
- Fundamental knowledge of building supplies and related products
- College degree preferred, but may be replaced with significant additional experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, with a variety of different personalities and skillsets (e.g., Habitat donors, government representatives, and other community organizations).
- High energy, can-do attitude, with the ability to motivate others to the same level.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability, accompanied by good logic and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with the internet and basic office computer software.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Familiarity with Habitat for Humanity desired, but not required.
- Adhere to established safety and security practices and procedures.
- Manage the interviews, background checks, selection, orientation, and training of volunteers.
- Comply with all financial reporting practices, including reconciliation of daily sales, the daily closing out of all financial transactions and bank deposits, accounting donations, and reconciling credit card charges.
- Achieve goals set out in annual operating budget
- Provide monthly forecast of future sales, and develop actions to correct forecast shortfalls to budget.
- Evaluate with CEO market demand for specific used and surplus building materials.
- Work with CEO to solicit and procure material donations.
- Assist CEO and HFHSLOCO Marketing Coordinator in the development of a ReStore Marketing Plan.
- Work with other ReStore Manager to evaluate price list, donation list, and other operational concerns of the ReStore to ensure store is operating optimally and competitively.
- Participate with CEO and other ReStore Manager to spread and institute best practices.
- Develop potential suppliers of used and surplus materials and products to be donated and sold in store.
- Help establish and ensure adherence to HFHSLOCO accounting, pricing, and sales procedures.
- Maintain hours of operation and ensure that the ReStore is fully staffed/covered.
- Ensure donated materials are acceptable and that volunteers are trained for donation intake and evaluation.
- In co-ordination with the CEO and Construction Manager, identify materials appropriate for Habitat homes under construction.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Julia K. Ogden, CEO, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.