Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Administrative Support Coordinator
Department: CAED-Landscape Architecture (103000)
College/Division: CAED-College Arch & Env Design
Salary Range: CSU Salary Range: $3,115 - $5,475 per month
(Anticipated hiring range: $3,600 - $4,200 per month)
The Landscape Architecture department at Cal Poly is seeking a reliable, friendly individual to deliver front line customer service and academic program support. This position plays an essential role in coordinating a wide range of activities in a busy office and supporting the department head in carrying out the department's goals. Responsibilities include communication and implementation of policies and procedures, data entry and tracking related to course scheduling and budgets, event coordination, and other functions related to academic programs. The successful candidate will be confident, organized and efficient, as well as a resourceful problem solver who enjoys learning new things on a regular basis.
The Landscape Architecture Department (LA) is one of five academic departments within the College of Architecture and Environmental Design. The department is currently comprised of 225 undergraduate students, one department head, 12 faculty members, one shared administrative staff member, and part-time student assistants. This full-time administrative staff position will work with all members of the department as well as others throughout the university.
• NOTE: To view the full position description including all the Required Qualifications https://afd.calpoly.edu ecruitmentdocshr120_LA_ASCII.pdf
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. Check our https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/benefits/ for additional information.
Minimum Qualifications (Staff Only):
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or its equivalent. Five years of general office support or technical experience. (Training at a vocational school or full-time college education may be substituted for two years of the required experience on the basis of one year of college education for 6 months of experience.)
Licenses, Certificates, Credentials:
• Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
• Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
• Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
• Experience using Cal Poly systems such as PeopleSoft and dashboards for data mining and scheduling.
• Experience creating and editing content for websites and social media.
• Familiarity with academic curricula, flowcharts and related concepts.
***THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED***
• Must be willing to travel and attend training programs off-site for occasional professional development.
• Must be able to work overtime, occasional holidays, and adjust working hours to meet special jobs. May be called back periodically to perform work as needed on an emergency basis.
• The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background/fingerprint check.
• This position classification has been defined as non-exempt and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Retired CalPERS members selected for this vacancy must request and be approved for reinstatement from retirement prior to the start date. Employment of retired CalPERS members will typically be for 90 days or less and must be for work requiring specialized skills or for a bona fide emergency to prevent stoppage of business.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Note: Cal Poly cannot deny an applicant a position solely or in part due to a criminal conviction history until it has performed an individualized assessment and linked the relevant conviction history with specific job duties in the position being sought.
Please note: Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive. Sensitive positions are those requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to Cal Poly or individuals in the university community.
For health and well-being, Cal Poly is a smoke & tobacco-free campus. The university is committed to promoting a healthy environment for all members of our community.
Review Begin Date:
Requisition Number: 105122
To Apply: All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/1347467.
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked, four-year, comprehensive public university. Founded in 1901, the 6,000-acre campus is nestled in the foothills of San Luis Obispo, along California's scenic central coast and midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. With a budget of $168.5 million, the university has a student enrollment exceeding 17,000 students and employs more than 2,000 faculty and staff members. Cal Poly is part of the 23-campus California State University system.
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.