For over a century, PMSM/19six Architects has been dedicated to projects that enrich the community. Originally founded in Santa Barbara in 1906, our firm is rooted in serving clients within the K-12, Community College, Healthcare, Performing Arts, and Civic markets. PMSM/19six Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
PMSM/19six Architects is seeking a highly motivated Office Administrative/Bookkeeper to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As the Office Administrator/Bookkeeper, you will be working with staff in the San Luis Obispo as well as the Santa Barbara office to draft and manage client and consultant contracts, provide accounting assistance to the Controller, and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the office.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with project managers across both offices to draft consultant and client contracts in accordance with AIA standards.
- Perform A/P data entry functions.
- Weekly bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Oversee monthly credit card expense inputs and payment.
- Assist in monthly client billing and consultant accruals.
- Maintain consultant insurance certificates.
- Assist with any other administrative duties which include: copying, sorting, filing, mailing, etc.
- Setup new projects, vendors, etc. in our ERP software.
- Greet all visitors and handle incoming calls.
- Coordinate lunches, events, travel reservations, meetings, etc. for staff as needed.
- Maintain the appropriate level of office/breakroom supplies.
- Receive and coordinate incoming/outgoing shipments (courier, overnight, mail)
- Assist in conducting new employee orientation in the office.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system in the office, as well as offsite storage.
- Ad-hoc administrative support for other functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or two-year associate’s degree preferred (equivalent work experience will be considered).
- 4+ years of experience in an administrative role. Experience in a professional services firm is a plus.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of our ERP system, Deltek Vision, is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organizational traits and accepting of feedback.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
We are proud to reside here on California’s Central Coast and provide our employees with meaningful work while living a great life.
Benefits of being a PMSM/19six Employee
- Medical, Dental, & Vision – 100% Employee Premiums
- Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Project Sharing Plan
- 10 Days Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays & Sick Leave.
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Flexible Office Hours….and lots of collaborative fun!
Join our team, community, and atmosphere!