Beauty Sales Specialist
Kohl's Department Stores
San Luis Obispo, CA
Responsible for engaging and assisting Customers, both within and as they approach the Cosmetics and Fragrance Departments. Executes Cosmetics and Fragrance merchandising and operational functions to Company standards. Serves as the Cosmetics and Fragrance expert in regards to department specific, services, merchandise, and procedures. Participates in the training of new Beauty Associates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Contributes to customer oriented atmosphere within store by smiling and saying hi to all customers and Associates encountered. Encourages others to smile and say hi.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors. (i.e. team lifts of heavy packages, supporting fellow teammates needs/requests as appropriate.)
- Consistently uses the 5 step “GREAT” program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
- Executes Kohl’s Service Standard of Engage and Assist.
- Inquires about the customer’s interests.
- Motivates the customer’s interest by offering a product demonstration.
- Informs the customers of the brands Kohl’s carries by offering a department tour.
- Discovers the customer’s needs with probing questions.
- Schedules appointments for Make Up and Skincare consultations when needed to satisfy the customer’s needs and for Cosmetics Events.
- Pages for customer assistance when more than two customers require service.
- Demonstrates Cosmetics and Fragrances and describes the results and benefits to the customer.
- Links three plus units of cosmetics during the customer interaction.
- Reinforces the customer’s selections by reviewing the use and benefits of the products chosen.
- Solicits customers to apply for Kohl’s Charge. Opens new accounts in accordance with Company standards.
- Solicits e-mail addresses from customers.
- Replenishes the Cosmetics and Fragrance Fixtures. Training and Supervision
- Takes ownership of the Cosmetics and Fragrance Business by striving to improve his/her own sales performance as well as the Beauty Team’s sales performance.
- Leads and assists team to execute Company standards in the areas of the “5 Basics.” (strikepoints, sizing, signing, clearance and clean store)
- Actively utilizes tools provided to assist and track selling performance.
- Participates in the training of new Beauty Associates.
- Utilizes replenishment reports daily and ensures Company in-stock goals are maintained.
- Uses RF equipment (radio frequency) to check product on hands, and informs Management when a product’s on hands are inaccurate. JOB – 242: Beauty Specialist, page 2 of 2
- Completes merchandise recovery and sales floor returns.
- Maintains hygiene standards within the Cosmetics and Fragrance Departments.
- Executes all merchandise presentation directives and standards. Assists in ensuring these standards are met while merchandising and back stocking incoming truck freight and replenishing the sales floor.
- Identifies and communicates merchandising and sales floor operational opportunities to the Assistant Store Manager or E3.
- Assists with price changes, ISC memos, callbacks, transfers, and other paperwork as directed by Supervisor.
- Arranges merchandise on fixtures and maintains non-promotional signs on the sales floor according to Company standards. Resolves ad issues as needed by changing signs to reflect current sale price.
- Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines.
- Follows Company best practices and participates in Company programs (ie: tester replenishment, damages, defectives, even exchanges and store shortage action plans).
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: strikepoints, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Responsible for effectively using Company tools (i.e. Storenet, K-Planner, Merchandising Updates i.e. Weekly Beauty Checklists) to plan, communicate and share information with associate store teams.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: price changes, store closing recovery, housekeeping duties, auditing selling floor and stock areas for safety hazards, preparation and taking of inventory, and stock room organization.
- Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment interacting with the public.
- Prior supervisory experience in one of the above environments. Job Requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Must maintain Cosmetics Department and Demonstration Hygiene Standards at all times.
- Compliance with attending and completing on going training, including Beauty School when offered.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Willingness and ability to apply cosmetics and fragrances, following State Regulations, on customers and to instruct customers how to apply cosmetics on themselves.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ten key calculator skills, Windows based systems comfort level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.